- July 8, 2020
- Last Update July 5, 2020 10:32 am
If you’re a fan of D&D video games, the Baldur’s Gate series or other immersive RPG video games like Divinity: Original Sin, they you have likely been following, or at least heard of, Larian Studios’ forthcoming RPG epic, Baldur’s Gate 3.
This week in an Early Access Release Window trailer, the team announced that Baldur’s Gate 3 is officially aiming for an early access wave in August 2020 (maybe), along with a sampling of brand new game play footage – Studio head Swen Vincke explains the ‘maybe’ part below:
- Better look at some character models/options, closer view of an Illithid (Mind Flayer) nautiloid in flames or a fairly destroyed state
- New motif that is suggestive of a demon/demonkin arc/involvement, including a new treatment of the Baldur’s Gate 3 game logo
- New logo is overlaid on the back of a character that is suggestive of wings – possible nod to demonic or celestial arc
- New monsters – I definitely saw an owlbear in there!
*The video is constructed from pre-alpha game footage